[highlight color=”green”]About Me in 10 Seconds[/highlight]
- I have an entrepreneurial spirit and started my first company aged 19
- I feel it’s important to never lose track of what you’re passionate about in life
- I’m an experienced Digital Account Manager and Product Marketer
- I believe that in life ‘you’ve got to find what you love’
- I believe ‘we all have the ability to change the world‘
[highlight color=”green”]Key Skills[/highlight]
- Recognised social media specialist capable of planning, implementing and measuring commercially-driven social media strategies
- Experienced online content manager well versed in writing SEO-friendly content for websites
- Understanding of web development technologies
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communicator and reliable team member
- Graphic design, video editing and motion graphics skills and adept in industry-standard software including Photshop, InDesign, Premier Pro and After Effects
[highlight color=”green”]Career History[/highlight]
Freelance Social Strategist and Community Manager
July 2013 – Present
I’ve been working on a freelance basis with a number of agencies and brands. I’ve worked on projects to help build fan bases and drive ROI from social media for a number of clients. Work has included:
- Pitch development
- Campaign management using data and analysis to build insight led campaigns
- Analysis of social sphere using Topsy Pro and Social Bakers to create reports and performance reviews
- Developing social strategy, tone of voice guidelines and campaign ideas for clients
- Management of content calendars and planning
- Blogging and content production
- Community Management
Senior Account Executive
GFM: June 2010 – August 2013
Responsible for the day-to-day running of accounts for various clients. Duties include; writing and managing website content, working alongside web development and design teams to ensure all targets and deadlines are met, reporting on sign ups and revenues, email marketing, product marketing and social media management.
- Managing online games with a combined user-base of over 800,000
- Helped one client double their user-base year-on-year
- New business proposals and presentations
- Writing copy for client websites
FundSport: February 2010 – Present
Responsible for writing and uploading online content, establishing and maintaining relationships with writers, journalists, bloggers and organisations. Built up relationships with key influencers including; Grass Roots Football Live and the Football Foundation.
June 2008 – June 2010
Worked with Spearfish Labs – a London based communications and social media company working with sports agencies, personalities, clubs, brands and associations. Supported the business with the set up of developing business opportunities to demonstrate how new media can move the sporting world forward, developing long term fan bases, sales, traffic and communication.
Sport Driven: January 2009 – February
Co-founder of Sport Driven, an online sponsorship marketplace developed to connect rights owners and media buyers in the sport and leisure sectors.Handled the day-to-day running of the business, implemented strategic social media marketing campaigns and built key partnerships with several major brands and sponsors including Middlesbrough FC, Exeter Chiefs RFC, Soccerade and Prostar Leagues.
[highlight color=”green”]Awards and Recognition[/highlight]
My achievements to date include;
- Runner-up in the ‘Best Sports Business Up and Comer’ section of the Business of Sports Awards
- Featured in the Partnership Activation Rising Stars initiative
- Nominated for SportsNetworker.com’s Top Sports Social Media Professional of 2010
- Nominated for ‘Best International Sports Business Contributor’ in the Business of Sports Awards 2011
West Suffolk College
BTEC National Diploma in Media, final grades of; Distinction, Distinction, Merit.
King Edward VI Upper School
Nine GCSEs grade A-C including Maths, English, Business and Media.
[highlight color=”green”]What Others Say[/highlight]
“It is a pleasure when you come across someone that not only has the skills and knowledge, but also the passion to strive farther than most even dare to, to achieve their goals. Ash Read is one of those people, who sets the bar high and then clears the bar with ease.”
– Luca Massaro, Founder and Managing Director, We Play
“Ash Read is a refined social strategist with a flair for converting comprehensive narratives into compelling, digestible storytelling. He understands the platforms and people, and couples that with his ability to craft copy and content that engages and connects consumers to whatever brand he’s working with. In short, I highly recommend Ash Read if you’re looking to create or enhance a social strategy that drives overall business goals and deepens your connection with the consumer.”
– Peter Robert Casey, Senior Community Manager, Nike Basketball
“Ash is the man! He has written a number of compelling and thought provoking articles on SportsNetworker.com and continues to add massive value to the sports professionals network of over 25,000 executives (and growing). I would recommend his skill set to anyone looking for a writer on sports industry topics in the future.”
– Lewis Howes, Founder, SportsNetworker.com
“I have been interviewed by several journalists in the past. When the usual questions came around you know how boring the result is going to be. With Ash is totally different. You notice from the very beginning he has a deep understanding of the issues he’s talking about and that results in great questions and a very productive conversation. Digital business and sports is not an easy task if you want to offer insightful material for the readers. Ash excels from the platoon of journalists who are writing about the sector nowadays. ”
– Oscar Ugaz, Former Digital Business Manager, Real Madrid C.F.
“I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and working with Ash over the past few years. He’s got great drive and an entrepreneurial spirit, mixed with a great knowledge of sport, social media and digital tech. Ash would be great addition to any organisation.”
– Daniel McLaren, Founder, The UK Sports Network
“Ash is an enthusiastic and highly capable professional who has combined his passion for sport, natural flair for writing, and extensive knowledge of the Internet to launch what’s set to be a hugely successful career. With an unrivalled knowledge of his field and a proven ability to effectively utilize all social media platforms, it’s no wonder Ash has recently been recognized as one of the brightest up-and-comers in sports social media. Having worked alongside Ash for nearly three years I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his services.”
– Oliver Williams, Head of Digital Audience Growth and Engagement, Archant
“Ash is a true proffesional. We contacted Ash with a rough idea of what we wanted to achieve. By the end of that same day Ash had set up a plan of what would work for our project and a timescale that he would achieve it by. During the construction of the project we took many different courses and added several new ideas to it. Ash took all of this in his stride and still met the agreed deadline. Ash is one of the primary reasons why our business is where it is today. We would and have recommended Ash to anybody looking to facilitate their business. Thanks Ash!”
– Greg Duggan, Bellator Fitness.